Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Up to 10 steps!


SO, last night Owen took 10 steps. Well, it was actually 5, then he paused, thought about crawling, then he took 5 more. I really thought when he started to walk it would be like when he started to crawl--he'd just take off one day. He's been much more careful than that. This is good, I think. Let him start running around when Grandma's watching him. Bwahahahaaa! Ben and I were thinking yesterday how strange it's going to be to just send him in the backyard to run around. We were also thinking we were really happy we had a backyard to send him to run around in!

I tried practicing the stairs with him yesterday again. He's got the hang of going down the one stair into the living room, but he's kind of afraid of the big stairs, I think. I suppose it has something to do with him falling down a couple of stairs when we first moved into the house.

I'm typing this while he eats breakfast. He's having ham and eggs, so the cats are gathered around the base of his highchair. He keeps dropping them pieces of food and then laughing hysterically. He LOVES the kitties. Now he's squealing "kiki kiki." Yes, in case you haven't heard, Owen's first word was kitty. Not mama. Not dada. He's been saying kiki on and off for a month, but I guess we're just not that exciting.

This blog would be a lot more exciting with pictures, but I still don't have my old computer set up in the office, and it's the one with all of the picture software. I do have Owen's 1 year portraits on CD, though, so I can at least show them off. (Grandparents, copies are on their way! Bug Ben about them!)

No comments: