Friday, September 28, 2007

Mommy's little heart attack...


This will be the before picture. When Owen gets up tomorrow, I'm sure he'll have a fat lip for the after picture.

So when Owen gets tired, he gets clumsy. He's walking pretty well now, but his balance is still shaky--thus, the word "toddler," I suppose. He's transitioning to taking 1 nap a day, as he did today, but that usually leaves him pretty tired by late evening. Tonight he was walking around with his sippy cup when he tripped. Ben got to him first and he looked kind of funny. Milk pouring out of his mouth...the red! After a moment of panic, and after ripping him out of Ben's arms (sorry Ben!) we realized that he hadn't lost a tooth or bit through his lip. He just tore that little flap of skin that connects your top lip to your jaw. I considered a stitch might be in order, but it's a weird place to stitch, and would probably be traumatic, plus who cares if your thingy is connected to your lip?

I had blood all over my shirt and so did Owen. I don't know how my parents watched me ride horses for so long. I'll freak EVERY time I see him get hurt, I think. In the moment, I think I was level headed and knew what to do and everything, but it was horrible not being able to make him stop hurting.

UPDATE! The child doesn't even have a bruise. His little flap thing was a little swollen and you can see where he cut it, but there are no outward signs to lead to CPS calls. I can't believe he bled that much and is completely fine!

No comments: