Monday, January 21, 2008

Stats

Owen had his 18month well-baby checkup today and seems to be outgrowing his "Q-tip" build a tiny bit. Historically he's been 90+%tile for height and head circumference and 17-25%tile for weight. So a tall skinny boy with a GIANT head. Well, he still has an enormous melon (the pediatrician says it's lots of brains to make me feel better, I guess). I knew he'd have an enormous head from looking at my family, and looking at both sides, the height is no surprise. He's now 25 lbs (40th%tile), 34 inches (85%tile) and off the charts for head circumference. (They just say above 97th%tile to make you feel better, I think)

We can now add "bath" to his list of signs. We're going to start working on "help" "cheese" and a few others. More importantly, he strung two signs together "more bath" and "more milk" etc. This means he can argue (when we took him out of the bath, he signed "MORE BATH!" because bedtime is what comes after bath time.) More importantly, it means he understands how language works. Now we just need to get sounds other than pterodactyl imitations to come out of his mouth.

Here's to you, Uncle Mark!
So here are a few recent pictures. There was this temporary tattoo that came with toy or something, so I put it on Owen's arm to see what he thought. #1, he was not amused. He wanted it OFF! He did finally get used to it. #2, those puppies are hard to get off! He ended up having it on for about a week. #3 What amazes me about this is how much he remembers. He hasn't had it on for about a week and a half, but he keeps pulling up his sleeve to look at his arm, like "where did it go?" I can't believe he remembers something like that for so long. I asked him today where his tattoo was and he just looked at his arm like "I don't KNOW!"


First sledding!
My Dad really wanted to get a sled for Owen, but for some reason couldn't find one in the stores. He looked several places. In the end, he put some holes on a tub and attached a rope. It works :) Owen wasn't overly impressed with the experience, but I think it will get better with time. We just pulled him this time because we didn't go to a steep enough hill.

Downward Dog
Owen likes yoga. Well, really he likes looking between his legs, but we'll call it yoga. Not bad form, huh?

Elder-wii.
Ok, so this isn't Owen, but I had to post it. On New Year's Eve my parents and the Hatfields came over, along with some other people, and there ended up being a wii cow racing smack down. I bet Nintendo didn't know they could market to the over-60 crowd!

Later dudes!

No comments: