Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Owen likes bubbles

Owen, Grandpa Ken and I went to the art museum today to see the new annex. (FINALLY!) The building itself is very cool. We started at the top (4th floor) and peeked over the edge to the first floor, which Owen thought was cool. I held him up to the edge and he peered over. I thought for a second he was going to drool on this guy in a wheelchair, but fortunately he didn't.

They had a couple of exhibits that Owen liked. One was kind of like a giant screen saver projected on a wall. You could stand in front of it and make shadows, and Owen liked waving at the shadow boy who waved back. The other was a bubble room. They had light projected on the floor like bubble and they would "pop" if you stood on them. (Well, I think they'd actually pop randomly, but you were supposed to think you caused it. I digress...) Owen wasn't interested in the lights until I picked him up and started running from one bubble-light to another. That caused a big squeal and giggles. He WAS interested in this big plastic bubble you could bang on. He banged on it a lot. Banging is big these days.

No comments: